I apparently have been way behind in blogging cause I just added 4 or 5 new blogs. Sorry about that....
Thursday, April 23, 2009
We went to visit my parents today and my kids were running around the house in their motorcycle helmets. It was really cute.
Grandpa was tickling her back- she loved it and kept going back for more.
Grandma and Grandpas Motorcycle helmets are equipped with microphones so they can talk to each other while cruising.. My kids were just playing but it was cute.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 8:54 PM
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 8:46 PM
Big family Easter Egg hunt
(including Easter Egg hunt, Hay ride without hay, and good food and fun)
Park fun on Easter day
Easter was a fun day: we woke up and saw what the Easter Bunny brought and then we gathered up some family and we all went and hung out at the park. Played had fun, and then we were off to a family Easter egg hunt that is really big and really fun.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 8:28 PM
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 8:26 PM
Q being kind of scared.
These were the light covers they had in the room. The kids thought they were cool.
K not looking super sick, but we knew she had an ear infection before we even went.
I can't explain it but "K" loves the dr. office and everything about it. None of my other kids have ever liked the thought of anything about a dr.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 8:20 PM
This is typically an uneventful day for me but my mom came a few days early and made me a birthday dinner. I chose homemade pizza, and it was really good. She brought some great noise makers for the kids- we had cake and ice cream and it was a fun night.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 8:08 PM
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Well , I think that we have almost finished with refinancing our house - which will save us about $100 a month. There were some misunderstandings along the way but it all worked out. The mortgage company we work with is great.
We have decided that I will go back to work, it is financially necessary, and with the help of some great family and friends I believe I will have minimal child care costs.
I had to explain this to the people that I babysit for and it was a hard thing to do. I feel terrible for them because I have been in the exact position before as well. They were all very understanding however.
"L" is sick again. Terrible croupy? cough and stuffy nose with a mild fever.
I spoke with a preschool that is opening this fall and they are willing to take both "K" and "Q" but now I am not sure I can pull it off if I am working.
I now use Facebook, however I only use it about 20 minutes or so a day, so that is not the reason I have not been blogging.
My kids get cuter every single day and are always saying things that crack me up. Tonight "K" is watching Madagascar and she likes it cause of the hungry, hungry hippo. I think its funny.
"Q" has a new favorite sentence: " No Momma"
Unfortunately I think it is funny. Although I hear it a lot. And I think it is more the way he says it that I think is cute. He says a lot of big sentences now, he just told me that "It is dark outside, I need go to bed". He has a good vocabulary now, and astounds me everyday with what he knows.
"L" had a program at school on Friday and it was super cute. We got to learn about rocks.
well that is all I can think of for now.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 9:42 PM
Monday, March 16, 2009
Have any of your children ever lost their tooth in the middle of the night?
Last night "L" came down stairs at like 4 in the morning to tell me that she had lost a tooth, it literally fell out while she was sleeping.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 8:58 PM
I found a radio station on my phone that claimed to be a Toddler station so I clicked on it to check it out and the very first song was "My Mom" by Kimya Dawson.
I would NEVER and I repeat NEVER willingly subject my children to this song.
I have never listened to any of her other songs and not sure that I ever will.
Tell me what you think? Do you like it? Do you like her?
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 8:49 PM
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 8:09 PM
Sunday, March 1, 2009
'Stewardesses' is the longest word typed with only the left hand- 'lollipop' with your right
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 4:18 PM
Friday, February 27, 2009
If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"?
A. One thousand
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 9:40 AM
Thursday, February 26, 2009
ok i researched this a bit and here is what I found: These are both two different excerpts from people that I found online.
The term "rule of thumb" has been used to mean "rough or approximate measure"
for several hundred years. This is amply documented in the Oxford English
Dictionary and various other works. On the other hand, there are apparently
legal cases in both the United States and Great Britain in which judges estab-
lished a standard for the maximum diamater of a rod with which a man may beat
his wife.I use the word "apparently" because I have not actually gone to the
law library to retrieve these cases. What is clear is that the term "rule of
thumb" does not have its origin in rulings regarding violence toward women; it
predates any legal opinions on the issue.
think it was originally an expression of measurement. In fact, there
is a word in Swedish, "tum" (=inch), which originates from the word
"tumme" (=thumb). So -- I would strongly suspect that "the rule of
thumb" originally was used by carpenters and others as a measuring
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 8:16 AM
The real explanation of 'rule-of-thumb' is that is derives from wood
workers (or other constructors) who knew their trade so well they rarely
or never fell back on the use of such things as rulers. Instead they'd
measure things by, for example, the length of their thumb; they measured,
not by a rule(r) of wood, but by rule of thumb. The term was already in
metaphorical use by the late 17th century.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 8:15 AM
In the 1400's a law was set forth in England that a man
was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than
his thumb. Hence we have "the rule of thumb"
I have not researched this but if it is accurate, I do not intend to use the term any longer!
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 7:53 AM
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Could a contortionist lick its own elbow?
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 9:55 PM
It is impossible to lick your elbow.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 11:59 AM
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Apparently Miss Kitty of of Gunsmoke. Amanda Blake. And my family calls me Mayberry (as in Sheriff Andy Taylor of Mayberry)
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
not sure, but probably recently. It helps me de-stress.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
NO , it looks like guy handwriting
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
probably just ham.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
i would hope so
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes, i believe so
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
I have before but not sure I would now that I have kids.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Never , that is a waste of time.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Recently, plain vanilla. Usually Mint chocolate chip.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Several, unable to choose between them
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Blue levis, white and pink shoes
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Kids playing in the bathroom sink
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Any kind of blue works
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
cleaning supplies, lotioned babies, my hubby
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
The census bureau?
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Why would somebody I dont like send me something?.
Basketball and then softball
27. HAIR COLOR?
right now it is shadowboxed, with highlights
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter's without snow or summer's without extreme heat.
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs that lead to kisses. (Sounds good to me)(me too)
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Something by Debbie Macomber ( i take what i can get)
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Actually I couldn't care less about either one.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Nothing comes to mind
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
49. PET PEEVES?
Parking in the fire lane at the grocery store, the way people in the basin drive,
50. ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE YOU?
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 2:35 PM
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Basically the same rules as the "25 Random Things" list, but with a sappy, mushy twist. Send to 25 people...and don't forget to send it to YOUR Valentine. Happy V-Day.
1. My valentine loves music.
2. My valentine can make me laugh until I cry.
3. My valentine works his butt off so I can stay home and raise our children.
4. My valentine more often than not is thinking the exact same thing I am.
5. My valentine loves candy!
6. My valentine has 2 tattoos and wants many more.
7. My valentine loves to play nintendo games and because of that we own an xbox, xbox360, dreamcast, playstation 2, wii, psp.
8. My valentine has the best smile ever.
9. My valentine attempts to get me whatever I want if I mention something.
10. My valentine will let me sleep in on the weekends.
11. My valentine is spoiled rotten by me and usually gets whatever he wants.
12. My valentine watches chic flicks with me.
13. My valentine makes me the best tasting steak ever.
14. My valentine is learning how to tattoo other people.
15. My valentine is carefree and just loves to hang out and have a good time.
16. My valentine loves popcorn.
17. My valentine doesn't complain if the house is a mess or because he has to eat cereal for dinner.
18. My valentine loves to spoil the kids and tries to give them whatever they want.
19. My valentine owns a chevrolet camino that sits in our garage and rarely moves but he loves it.
20. My valentine gave up a lifestyle I did not agree with just to be with me.
21. My valentine Always wears a hat.
22. My valentine proposed to me on Christmas day while I was sitting on the couch watching Munsters.
23. My valentine tells me he loves me every day and I believe him.
24. My valentine loves hanging out with our kids.
25. My valentine is dang handsome.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 8:51 PM
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 6:04 PM
We took our kids to the Jordan Circus last night. The kids had a blast and we did not get home until almost 11. Everything was much more expensive than we thought.
For example: two adult tickets cost me 32.00. I just did not anticipate it costing that much. The kids really wanted to ride the elephants and we really wanted them too but when it came time to buy the tickets, they were 8 bucks a piece. We still would have done it but we had run out of money after dinner and cotton candy. Any how , here are some of the better (but not so great)pics we managed to get.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 5:48 PM
Sunday, February 1, 2009
I got tagged on Facebook and I thought that I would post it here too.
1. I am a stay at home mom.
2. I have 3 wonderful kids. My youngest two are only 11 months apart, sometimes I think it feels like I have twins.
3. I love The Twilight Series books.
4 In addition to my Facebook account I have a: Myspace account, blog, account with a local mommies network, a Cafemom account, classmates.com, reunion.com. I think I am addicted to the internet.
5. On a daily basis I typically have anywhere from, in addition to my own 2 kids, up to 8 kids at my house at any given time.
6. I named my son Quintin but I have always wanted a son named Christian, We did not name my son Christian because my husbands nephews last name is Christian, but now I regret it cause I will probably not have any more children and I will never have a son named Christian.
7. I stress and worry about everything all of the time. Not normal things like the kids are messing up the house, cause those things I generally do not care about, but alot of What ifs... Bills... Health.... Etc..
8. I sale Avon
9. I have only been to Las Vegas once in my life and I was 8 months pregnant and miserable the whole time I was there.
10. Playing Mario Kart on WII is one of my favorite things to do, also competing online against my brother. I also like to play The Sims on Xbox or Playstation.
11. I only cut my hair once every year or two, and it is almost always in a pony tail.
12. I have gone Bungee jumping.
13. I hate going outside, and really never go anywhere unless I have to or it is a weekend and my husband is with me.
14. I have 2 tattoos and I want many more.
15. I've been married for 6 years, but I have been in love with my husband for almost 11 years.
16. My favorite color is blue.
17. I suffer from Migraines, due to random light flashes (such as light coming thru the blinds and it hits my eyes wrong when I walk by) (I wish that every window in my house were tinted) and heat.
18. I had a 3.6 GPA out of high school but never even considered college at the time. Now I wish I had furthered my education.
19. My favorite song is Guns n Roses "Sweet child o mine"
20. My favorite movie is "A walk to remember"
21. I collect dragon figurines, (posters etc...) and pepsi stuff (metals tins, cups, bottles, cans etc...)
22. I rarely wear makeup, occasionally eyeliner and mascara but rare.
23. I have terrible organization skills, or none at all.
24.I have worked at 2 different food pantries and at one of those pantries I was an assistant manager and that was my favorite job ever. I also loved being involved in the organization and distribution of the Sub 4 Santa program, that was organized through one of those pantries.
25. I live in a small town in Utah and I love it and everything about it, I love the house that we bought about a year ago, and as of right now I never want to leave. I have met some great friends and I live near some old friends again, we have lots of family here and right now other than this job recession we are having, we are very happy.
Now you write 25 things about you and tag 25 of your friends.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 10:21 PM
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Kids: Supposed to be upstairs all snug in there beds watching T.V.
Parents: Down stairs watching T.V , enjoying a bit of quiet time.
Kids: Looking mighty HAPPY!
Mom: Not so much.
There was powder sugar everywhere. Apparently "Q" decided he wanted to use a chair to climb onto the counters and explore the cupboards.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 9:59 PM
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Ok grandpa, I have been an avid Heath bar lover for a long time and apparently somehow I inherited that from you. Anywho I was in Maverik one day and I saw a Skor bar. What is the difference? I asked myself. So I bought one of each for the taste test. Luckily mom was around that day so she took half a Heath and half a Skor and I took half a Heath and half a Skor. Mom liked the Skor. I liked the Skor.
Have you tried it , it was really good compared to the Heath. I am now a fan of the Skor bar.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 11:53 AM
So yesterday was an eventful day (not really eventful but for me eventful), I watched a friends 2 kids all day long from 7:30 to 3:30. All day I pondered... and made a decision, I was taking my littles to the clinic. My "Q" has had fevers for a few days and a strange rash, my "K" has what looks to be an infected toe. (Ouch). I called the hospital and I was told clinic starts at 4. So immediately we were on the move, my friend picked up her kids and we were out the door. We got to the clinic and they said "oh this doctor does not start until 5 today, but we can sign you in", so I signed in and headed for the wait. My kids decided they needed to potty. We headed down the "ALLIGATOR" (this is what K called it, she wanted to ride down the alligator) to the bathroom. Shucks it is closed for cleaning. We head back up the 'alligator' find out where the next bathroom is, head back down the 'alligator' to the next nearest bathroom. Shucks. It too is closed for cleaning. Spinning circles looking like a dear in headlights, someone decides to point me in the direction of the next nearest bathroom. Woohoo. We made it. 2 kids down, one wont go, that being "Q". It is now 4:30 so we head back, we decided to take the stairs this time. It is two sets of stairs , you walk up one and then turn corner and walk the next. We get to the top of the first set , getting ready to turn the corner when "K" announces loudly " MOM, LOOK AT THAT FAT BELLY" and pointed to someone walking in the front doors. Needless to say I pretty much ran the next set of stairs embarassed.
We got back to the waiting room, kids running and playing. "K" stops in front of the lady sitting across from us and says "MOM I DONT LIKE THAT LADY". OY! How embarassing
, I apologized to her and then had to quietly explain to "K" that we dont say these sorts of things.
Suddenly "Q" decides he needs to potty again. Luckily the first bathroom had opened up. The rest of the visit was uneventful. "K" is on antibiotic,and "Q" has viral exanthom? whatever that is. Apparently a viral infection but caused him to get a rash?
(Oh and a side note, sitting in the pharmacy there was an older lady with dark black hair and really bright lipstick. My kids refused to sit by her , and she knew it she looked at me and said "I think I scare them!"
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 11:35 AM
Saturday, January 24, 2009
All about "Q"
Ok. To cut his hair or not to cut his hair that is the question....
I kept asking "Q" questions and trying to talk to him, but I just knew he was ignoring me cause I could see his little head over the chair and he was watching T.V. I kept thinking he has learned way to much from his dad!
So I went to check on him. And that is what I saw.
And lastely, look at the size of the spoon he chose for his cereal. This spoon was ginormous (my own word there. sorry) next to him.
Posted by "Q" Tips, "K"razy fun and daily "L"ife at 9:17 PM